Up to 37 hours per week
Occasional Saturdays (9am – 1pm)
£23,876.84 per annum
Healthworks is an award winning charity working with local communities across the North East to tackle health inequalities and improve health, wellbeing and life outcomes. Our work has been nationally recognised as making an outstanding contribution to the health and well-being of local communities by the King’s Fund.
An excellent opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic and dedicated Health Improvement Practitioner to work across a number of specialties including healthy eating, physical activity and stop smoking in Newcastle and across the North East region.
- You will support clients with long-term conditions to better manage their health and wellbeing by participating in appropriate, regular and long-term interventions.
- Work in a range of settings as well as giving face to face advice.
- Support clients in undertaking physical activity
- Set up schemes to support a healthy lifestyle
- Run awareness raising campaigns
- Implement government initiatives relating to public health
- Delivering NHS Health Checks
- Develop the knowledge, skills and confidence of individuals to become active participants in their self-care and connect people to agencies for practical and emotional support.
You will be an enthusiastic individual with a passion for health improvement. You will be motivated to use your skills to make a difference for our clients who require enhanced support and information with their health needs.
You will be willing to undertake additional qualifications such as Exercise on Referral Instructor Level 3, Postural Stability Instructor, BACPR Specialist Instructor.
The successful candidate will embrace and reflect the values upheld by Healthworks. Our commitment to tackling health inequalities is at the heart of everything we do. This position provides you with an opportunity to work with our partners to address health inequalities and their impact on the most vulnerable people within our population.
We know how important our team is to the amazing work that we do in our local communities. In return we offer;
- 27 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Free membership to both our gyms
- Training and development opportunities
- Free flu jab
- Health and wellbeing programme
- Opportunity to buy additional leave
- The opportunity to work for a friendly and positive organisation that genuinely makes a difference to people’s lives.
We value the diversity of our staff and welcome applications from all suitably qualified individuals regardless of race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
We are committed to taking positive and proactive steps to ensure that we provide a safe and caring environment, free from discrimination for everyone.
Interested in applying?
To apply please complete the Application Form and Equality and Diversity Monitoring Form and send them to [email protected]
Or if you would like to have an informal chat about the role and our organisation please contact Rory Harrison or Angela Clark on 0191 272 4244 or use the form below to get in touch.
Closing Date: Midday on 7 March 2024
Unfortunately, we are unable to accept CV’s