35.5 hours per week term time only
£19,050 per annum (pro rata)
Maternity Cover (September 2022 – October 2023)
Healthworks is one of the largest charities working with local communities across the North East to tackle health inequalities and improve health, wellbeing and life outcomes. Our work has been nationally recognised as making an outstanding contribution to the health and well-being of local communities by the King’s Fund.
An excellent opportunity has arisen for enthusiastic and dedicated pre-school Assistant to work within our Pre-school. The contract is to cover a period of maternity leave from September 2022 to October 2023. In our pre-school you will provide the very best experiences for young children through a variety of opportunities, experiences and activities in a secure and friendly atmosphere.
- Work within the requirements of the statutory framework of the Early Years Foundation stage curriculum, contributing to the planning of a varied programme of group and individual activities
- Act as a Key Worker, liaising closely with and frequently updating parents/carers and ensuring each child’s needs are being met
- Support parents around any special educational needs
- Take ownership of the observation, assessments and planning for your key children in line with EYFS and provide developmentally challenging next steps
- Work as part of a team to provide a safe, caring environment to enable the emotional, social, and educational development of children
You will be an enthusiastic individual, with a passion to support children to learn, grow and develop. You will have a level 3 or above qualification in childcare.
We know how important our team is to the amazing work that we do in our local communities. So in return we offer;
- Free membership to both our gyms
- Training and development opportunities
- The opportunity to work for a friendly and positive organisation that genuinely makes a difference to people’s lives.
We value the diversity of our staff and welcome applications from all suitably qualified individuals regardless of race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
We are committed to taking positive and proactive steps to ensure that we provide a safe and caring environment, free from discrimination for everyone.
Interested in applying?
To apply please complete an Application & Equality and Diversity Monitoring Form and return them to [email protected]
If you would like to have a look around or an informal chat about the role please contact Stacey Nash on 0191 2641959. You can use the form below if you like to get in touch with any queries you have about the role.
Closing Date: Midday on Tuesday 19 July 2022
Unfortunately, we are unable to accept CV’s